Programming is really great! But learning programming, it needs patient and practice. You read a sayings "Programming can be learned only by doing" everywhere whenever and wherever you are reading a blog or tutorial about programming. There is no substitute to it. There are a lot of languages that are very simple to learn and write. Choose any programming language that you want to learn and start reading and searching books or tutorial. And you can also go to the training center. You learn programming through any media but always needs practice.
1. Write programs on paper first. It is good practice to write programs on paper for a beginner and try to do Dry Run. Dry Run is a technique to iterate though each line of your program code, before running the code on the machine we run it on the paper. You can determine through this by calculating line by line whether your output will be what you want to have.
2. Whenever you sit in front on computer screen and start writing a program, first problem you face about "Remembering syntax of a programming language" so it needs to write program on paper first. Now, write program from paper to your favorite editor whatever you choose.
3. Always start with small programs like sum of two numbers, compare two numbers, displaying counting numbers, displaying tables etc.
4. You have read many formulas in your school days; convert all formulas into program that you have read. You can also do converting "Number Sequences/Series Reasoning" into program in your favorite programming language. It must help you to build your logic.
5. While you are running a programming, many errors may come; never afraid from errors. Try to solve all errors and you can also help from other programmers. If errors are coming while running a program, finding and fixing that errors is also assist you to enhance your programming skills. Remember "Errors always provide you a way to develop your programming skills".
6. Enhance your knowledge of programming language that you are learning. Read about features and built-in functions and also their implementations. Try to implement these features and function by self. For example OOPs (Object Oriented Programming System) concept is followed by most of programming languages so you must read and implement this concept with your program.
7. Create small projects; you must do it at least one. You will get lots of experiences and also ideas about implementation of your logic and project architecture.